Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A Walk to remember

Date : 19/03/2005 (Evening)

I was engrossed in doing some last minute modifications in our final year project. All of a sudden my cell phone rang and I saw it was nirnimesh. He told me to come to IIIT main gate immediately. It wouldn’t be a lie if I say that without a single hesitation and thought, I changed my dress and set out for the IIIT’s main gate. When I reached, I found parivesh, phani and nirnimesh already there. Soon rakesh and pushpam also joined. Now by that time I had already guessed that the gang grew vespertinal in their mood and this evening was also going to be one of those bc embeded evenings which we spent together . I saw utkarsh was missing. So I called him but his cell phone always iterated the same answer,”Kaho na kaho yeh aankhein bolti hain…..The Airtel number you have dialled is not responding”. I tried him again but the same answer. I tried his number few more times and after many unsuccesful attempts, my luck glittered at last . Utkarsh picked up the phone. I gave the cell to parivesh to talk to him. He called him near IIIT’s power plant. We had to wait for him to come. Parivesh, nimmi, rocky and phani sat down near the road there but myself and poppy were not in mood to sit. So we (poppy and myself) wandered here and there, on the rocks , near the bushes. In course of roving around , we discussed hell lots of topics like our future life, our responsiblities towards our families, our dreams etc.
After 15-20 min, utkarsh came and though it was too late to redeem the day, when the shades of night were already beginning to be mingled with the day-light, we seven saunterers in an undying spirit of bc marched on the road by the side of which flourishes companies like microsoft and Infosys. At that moment I remember the very song of kaante..

Collar ko thoda sa upar chadhaake
Cigarette ke dhuein ka chhala banaake

Sochna hai kya, jo hona hai hoga
Chal pade hai fikr yaar dhuein mein udaake


I don’t remember how the very discussion on communism and democracy started but for a while it did capture the air surrounding us. Nirnimesh as usual passed a special comment Communism is the second worst thing in this world because the first one is reserved by democracy. ” It irked parivesh and parivesh asked him the explanation as why democracy was the worst and soon every one was firing his own verbs and adjectives into the discussions.

Then we reached near Microsoft’s office and as soon as we reached there, nirnimesh couldnot stop his anti-ms feelings and vent the venom out of his mugs. This resulted into a fussillade of heated gothic arguments on whether microsoft sux or not and if it does then why is it so. While on one hand Parivesh , Puspendra and Utkarsh were carrying the flag for the support of microsoft, nirnimesh on the other hand was holding his anti-ms front firmly. Then Rakesh and phani also joined nir’s forces and tried to protect him from further shellacking. During the entire course, confused me ( as usual ) took a diplomatic point of view stating both are true ;). Actually there are many points on which I personally don’t like Microsoft but on the other hand there are quite a few points for which I really praise Microsoft. And honestly speaking I love linux but I would never say that Microsoft sux. You can call it the damn principle of co-existence.

In course of discussions we reached near wipro’s office, and to make the atmosphere light, pointing towards the wipro’s building I told parivesh, “yaar !! jaa maine tujhe yeh building gift kar di. ” Listening to it before, parivesh could speak anething utkarsh told ,”Oye building gift dene se pahle iske maalik (pointing towards himself) se to puchh lete ? ”. Parivesh came to my rescue and told ,”oye iski baat mat sun .. hum out of focus logon ki baatein nahin sunte hain..aur haan thanx maddy..jaa maine bhi tujhe microsoft ki building gift ki ”. And we laughed and laughed without much reason..just for the sake of laughing.

We reached till the lake and sat for a while. Phani suggested to go further on the road to embrace the silence and darkness of the night but tired and hungry utkarsh got irritated and told us to return. I saw utkarsh was looking dull and phani too became silent. Rest of us were chilling out in that sweltering environment .

After a while, probably rakesh told that we should reach hostel before the mess close down as all of us were cash striped and mess was the only for us .. the hungry souls. So we returned.

There utkarsh told us that he was sad because yesterday he lost the game in CS to Arpit and co. and now onwards he wont be able to play with his clanMATES as one clan. This was his last game as a clan in IIIT. “Really sad !!!! but this is life”, I thought. I don’t want to touch the topic as I knew it would make feel none better. At that moment I remembered rajesh khanna’s dialogue from the movie anand,
zindagi badi honi chahiye lambi nahin.. Aane wale kuchh mahinon mein jo hazaaron laakhon pal hum saath jine waale hain uski khusi mehsoos karni chahiye ...aur apne aane waali zindagi ko lekar apne aaj mein zahar nahin gholna chahiye.
Waise ..I know that these big-big words from the movies are easier to recall but to follow them in real life is very very difficult. I am saying these because I too am feeling the fever of nostalgia. I knew that after 1-2 months I would not find at least parivesh and utkarsh (both are going out of hyd )to mope around with us till ISB..we as a gang wouldn’t be able to enjoy kaju curry of RB..we wouldn't be able to spend the entire night doing all sorts of bc...but this is life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home